Dental Exams & Cleanings
Regular exams are an important part of maintaining your oral health.
During your regular exam, we will:
- Check for any problems that you may not see or feel
- Look for cavities or any other signs of tooth decay
- Inspect your teeth and gums for gingivitis and signs of periodontal disease
- Perform a thorough teeth cleaning
- Polish your teeth with gluten-free prophy paste
Your regular exam will take about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Each regular exam includes a detailed teeth cleaning, in which we will clean, polish, and rinse your teeth to remove any tartar and plaque that have built up on the tooth’s surface.
We suggest visiting our office every six months to give yourself the chance to talk to the doctor about any questions you may have about your oral health. Regular exams are offered by appointment only, so please contact our practice today to schedule your next dental exam and teeth cleaning.
Immediately after a cleaning, your teeth may be more sensitive than usual due to the removal of tartar and plaque that once shielded your teeth. But in most scenarios, this sensitivity will pass within a day or two.