Family Dentistry - Lewisville, TX
Here at Prairie Creek Dental, we are proud to offer comprehensive family dentistry for residents in Lewisville, TX and the surrounding communities. Our office is committed to providing you and your family high quality dental care that brings peace of mind. Our dental team wants you to feel comfortable and educated about all your treatment options.
While we can never replace a good oral hygiene regimen, we believe that an “ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”, meaning that we know taking preventative measures will help you avoid a crisis with your teeth. Many people get stuck in the cycle of avoiding the dentist and then find themselves with unexpected pain which leads to expensive treatment. We want to help you avoid that by coming in regularly for your exams and cleanings.
Semi-Annual Cleanings and Exams
Regular exams are an important part of maintaining your oral health. During your regular exam, we will:
- Check for any problems that you may not see or feel
- Look for cavities or any other signs of tooth decay
- Inspect your teeth and gums for gingivitis and signs of periodontal disease
- Perform a thorough teeth cleaning
Your regular exam will take about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Each regular exam includes a detailed teeth cleaning, in which we will clean, polish, and rinse your teeth to remove any tartar and plaque that has built up on the tooth’s surface.
Immediately after a cleaning, your teeth may be more sensitive than usual due to the removal of tartar and plaque that once shielded your teeth. But in most scenarios, this sensitivity will pass within a day or two.
Choosing A Lewisville Family Dentist
When deciding on a family dentist there are several considerations important to the immediate and long-term well-being of your loved ones. At our dental practice, we place great importance on the following aspects of care:
- Experience – Our dentist has extensive experience in treating children and adults. Dr. Holbrook is devoted to making sure his young patients are comfortable during their visit, and that adult patients can restore and maintain ideal dental health.
- Technology – State-of-the-art dental technology helps our dental provider visualize areas of concern better and faster than older imaging techniques. This allows our team to treats patients less invasively. We use the latest digital x-ray technology and intra-oral cameras to diagnose conditions and develop treatment plans that meets each patient’s individual needs.
- Education and Prevention – Routine dental visits are important to promoting a healthy smile, but your child will also need to care for their own teeth at home for overall, long-lasting oral health.
Our dental team takes the time to educate the entire family on the fundamentals of a good home oral care routine, including proper brushing techniques, the right diet, and the avoidance of sugary drinks and snacks. We will also digitally illustrate the patients’ x-rays and areas of concern. Our dental office uses educational videos to help their patients learn about appropriate dental care.
Experienced, Compassionate Lewisville Family Dentistry
At Prairie Creek Dental, we believe that everyone deserves exceptional dental care, no matter their age or circumstance. For personalized, high quality dental care, contact our experienced family dentist in Lewisville and make your appointment today.