Does fear and anxiety keep you from seeing the dentist?
At Prairie Creek Dental, Dr. Holbrook offers sedation because he knows being relaxed is the key to having a good dental experience. Many people are too afraid to get treatment or begin the steps toward better oral health.
Ask Dr. Holbrook if you are a candidate for IV sedation for your next procedure!
IV Sedation can help people overcome their fears because it has such great benefits such as:
- Medication begins working quickly because it is in IV form
- Provides a deeper state of relaxation along with an amnesic effect. Most people do not feel or remember much during their appointment.
- Faster recovery time because the medication is controlled more evenly.
- More procedures can be done in one dental visit, thus lessening time in the dental chair, and prevents multiple recoveries.
- Recommended for wisdom teeth removal, or other reconstructive dental procedures.
Dr. Holbrook also offers conscious sedation for relaxation during your appointments. You will not fall asleep while using sedation, you will simply feel very relaxed. The forms of conscious sedation Dr. Holbrook uses include:
Nitrous Oxide: also known as laughing gas, patients breathe this odorless gas through the nose. The affects wear off once the patient stops breathing in the gas.
Oral Sedation: patients will be provided with a pill to take prior to their appointment. , By your arrival, you will be relaxed and at-ease. You will need a family member or friend to drive you to and from your appointment.
Ask Dr. Holbrook how you can overcome your dental anxiety with any of these sedation options!!
Contact us today at (972) 845-8297.